As with anything.....there is always a list of things that should and should not be done. As a track athlete there are things I would recommend others to do and there are things I would tell others to avoid as much as possible. So here they are:
THE DO'S
- always warm-up well and stretch
- be the first one to make it and the last one to leave
- always try to lead from the front
- carry a water-bottle and sip all day
It is so important to warm-up properly because that is going to be the deciding factor in how well you perform. When I was in high school DIDN'T take it seriously and always half did my warm-up drills and stretching and in the end it only hurt me. Because I took it for granted I ended up sustaining a very bad injury that I have yet to fully recover from.
THE DONT'S
- alcohol and drugs are NO NO's
- poor work ethic
- partying night before competitions
- fighting coaches or teammates
My biggest pet peeve was to be a teammate of athletes who participated in alcohol and drugs. Both hinders performance and most importantly, drug abuse is banned by the NCAA and if you are caught can become ineligible or removed from the team.
These things I listed above of just a few of each example there are lots more that could be added. These are just some of my top ideas. Use these as you please.
No comments:
Post a Comment