As I am called to my blocks I can hear my heart pounding. I feel anxious, nervous, and ready all at the same time. I try my hardest to control my breathing. I tell myself over and over and over again...."This is what you do. When the gun goes off.....push, pump, drive, accelerate. Nothing or No one else matters at this point. FOCUS, FIGHT, FINISH....WIN!" As an athlete adrenaline is a source we must use when we compete because if not our competitors has somewhat of an advantage.
Any individual can and probably have experienced the feeling of an adrenaline rush. It is a naturally produced hormone that is produced by the body. As an athlete I experience adrenaline rush all the time but I must say I believe you can't be a true competitor without knowing the feeling. Adrenaline effectively counters high-stress and physical situations. It enables us to process information, while at the same time, utilizing actions at a rapid rate. Every time I have competed on or off the track adrenaline increased my physical performance. As an athlete, you pray to get adrenaline on big competition days. It always seems to push your body's physical parameters when you yourself alone can't seem to do it. And it allows you to perform incredible feats of strength, facilitates numerous emergencies and calls to action. Whether you are an athlete or not adrenaline is a great thing to have and always comes in handy when needed in certain situations.
Sometimes adrenaline can work against you. Watch this video of the world's fastest man False Start
No comments:
Post a Comment