In every aspect of life that has its own category it holds its own interesting facts. In the world of track and competing there are many interesting facts so I will post a few of them.
1) The 100 meter dash used to be called the 100 yard dash. All the races used to be measured in yards in the United States. So the same applies for the 200 meter dash it was 220 yard dash and the 400 meter dash was the 440 yard dash and so on.
2) The 400 meters used to be a middle distance but runner got so good and ran it so fast that it is now considered a sprint and the same for the 800 meter dash.
3) It takes thirteen seconds for oxygen to get to your muscles so technically a sprinter can hold their breath for the whole duration of the 60 meter dash, and the 100 meter dashes.
4) Twenty years ago runners footwear did not use to be spike equipped.
5) Listening to many marathoners speak about their experiences most of them state they have urinated while running.
I have been involved in the world of track for about fifteen plus years and there is so much that can be learned, interesting as well as informational. The things I stated above are only a few stats talked about. I feel like when individuals have more than average knowledge about certain fields they should want to share it with others.
No comments:
Post a Comment